PAX Australia is this coming weekend and PlayStation Australia will be bringing their hotly anticipated titles to the event in n Melbourne from Friday 27 – Sunday 29 October.
Located at the PlayStation booth (2120), attendees can get hands-on with upcoming titles, including a selection of PlayStation VR titles such as Gran Turismo Sport and the revamped masterpiece The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR. Square Enix will also feature Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV, a fishing experience from Final Fantasy XV played in virtual reality.
There will also be a range of PlayLink titles to get hands-on with, PlayStation’s latest range of social gaming titles, including That’s You which we recently reviewed.
Patrick Lagana, Director of Marketing, Sony Interactive Entertainment Australia, said, “Now in its fourth year, PAX Australia is a truly unique event celebrating gaming culture and play, one that PlayStation Australia is extremely excited to be part of. Our booth this year will feature a range of upcoming PlayStation exclusives and third party partner titles on both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR so we welcome all players to come pay us a visit during the show.”
For the first time at this year’s PAX Australia, a game photography exhibition will be held with photos taken straight out of Horizon Zero Dawn. Curated by local game photographer Drew Taylor, the exhibition will showcase Horizon Zero Dawn in-game photography by a number of talented artists from around the globe.
Tim Stobo, Guerrilla Games Principal Game Designer will be at the even providing a special image set from the upcoming expansion, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds. Tim will be available during three panels during PAX Australia. Details and schedules can be found in the links below.
- Expanding Horizons: Exploring Open World Gaming (Fri, 12-1pm)
- Photo Mode: Turning Games into Art Galleries (Fri, 4:30-5:30pm)
- So You Want to be a Game Photographer? (Sat, 12:30-1:30pm)
“PlayStation Australia has had a long history of involvement with PAX, and this year’s line-up across the PlayStation booth and around the show is perhaps its most diverse, creative and exciting yet,” said Luke Lancaster, PAX Australia Content Manager. “We can’t wait to share these games and experiences with everyone next weekend.”
The line-up of games and hardware featured on the PlayStation booth can be found below:
PS VR lets players leave reality behind and experience a new way to play, immersing them in the centre of extraordinary new worlds. Titles available to play at PAX Australia include:
- Gran Turismo Sport: In PlayStation VR you’ll quite literally have the driving wheel at your fingertips. From hitting the brakes to turning a corner, experiencing Gran Turismo Sport in the PS VR headset will let players experience a true-to-life driving experience.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (Bethesda Softworks): The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR is a true, full-length open-world game for VR from award-winning developers, Bethesda Game Studios. Skyrim VR reimagines the complete epic fantasy masterpiece with an unparalleled sense of scale, depth, and immersion.
- MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV (Square Enix Ltd.): Dive into the story mode for an exhilarating, action-packed showdown with the notorious MONSTER OF THE DEEP, or take in the sights, sounds and scenery of FINAL FANTASY XV as you kick back and cast off in the free fishing mode.
- Bravo Team: It’s all or nothing in this heart-pumping PS VR firefight of intense combat and split-second tactical decision-making.
To reserve a time to experience PlayStation VR at PAX Aus head to trypsvr.com.
True PlayStation innovation brings you the best console gaming experiences with titles playable on PlayStation 4 Pro in dynamic 4K and stunning HDR. Featured titles include:
- Detroit: Become Human: Playable ahead of its 2018 release, witness your brave new world turn to chaos as you take on the role of Kara, a female android trying to find her own place in a turbulent social landscape.
- Gran Turismo Sport: From Polyphony Digital, this is Gran Turismo for a new generation. GT Sport forges a new standard for the racing genre and empowers gamers to develop their virtual careers in the track with advanced online competition on the PlayStation 4 system.
- God of War: Join Kratos as he adventures through a deep and reflective journey of growth, violence and the desire to become a better man for the sake of his son.
- PlayLink for PS4 – Hidden Agenda, That’s You!, Knowledge is Power and Frantics: Grab your friends and take part in these immersive multiplayer experiences using your smartphone with the PS4.
- Monster Hunter: World (Capcom): You must embark on a perilous hunting expedition into a newly discovered continent known only as ‘The New World’ and venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land.
PAX Australia will take place at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from Friday 27th to Sun 29th October. Tickets available at http://aus.paxsite.com/