Announced today, Aviva Premiership Rugby, Top 14 Orange and Robodirect Pro 12 will be added to the growing league roster in Wallabies Rugby Challenge.
Wallabies Rugby Challenge (released as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge in Europe and All Blacks Rugby Challenge in New Zealand) will feature 93 teams that have been licensed for use in the upcoming rubgy simulator to be available on PlayStation 3, PS Vita, Microsoft Xbox 360 and PC.
Other noteworthy features and content to make it into the title include:
- Play in Single Match Mode, Competition Mode, and multi year Career Mode as well as extensive help and Tutorial Mode options available for players new to the sport
- 93 teams and 31 stadia featured including official team and competition licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Tri Nations, Bledisloe Cup, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- Enjoy the game with groups of friends locally, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
- Create or customise players, teams, and competitions using the extensive customisation tools to shape the game to your own preferences and keep the game fresh season after season
- Dynamic presentation delivers a true on-field rugby experience with enhanced replay angles, lifelike cut-scenes, rich sound, and real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall
“We are very excited to announce these major competition licenses for Rugby Challenge” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES (Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd).
“Inclusion of these top class European club leagues adds great depth and appeal to an already deep title for rugby fans all over the world. With our breadth of content, extensive customisation tools, and various modes, people will be playing this game for years to come.”
Currently in development by New Zealand game studio Sidhe, Wallabies Rugby Challenge will be released worldwide sometime in the 3rd Quarter of 2011. Keep up to date with the latest news via the official website rugbychallengegame.com.
Don’t forget if you preorder early, you’ll also walk away with a Wallabies supporter scarf. Check out the latest trailer and screenshots from the game below: