The recently announced Journey Collector’s Edition will be available in North America on August 28th, 2012. Jenova Chen, Creative Director at thatgamecompany broke the news on the PlayStation Blog earlier today.
Working in conjunction with Santa Monica Studio, the collaboration work will include thatgamecompany’s work for the first time on a disc release, representing exceptional value when it hits stores at a retail price of $29.99 USD.
Included inside the Journey Collector’s Edition are their award winning titles, along with extra digital content not previously available in some cases:
- The complete set of bonus flOw, Flower, and Journey content includes:
- Thirty-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary playthroughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including eight exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
“We are particularly excited about the Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games, because we get to share with fans insights about flOw, Flower and Journey straight from the minds of the designers, artists, engineers and composers who worked together to make these games so special.” said Jenova Chen in his official post.
An extra treat for fans of thatgamecompany are three exclusive min-games bundled on the disc. The titles were spawned from thatgamecompany 24hr Game Jam where each title was created from inception to completion in under 24 hours. The mini-games are Gravediggers, Duke War!!, and Nostril Shot, not previously available outside of the studio.
“We share these extra treats as a “thank you” to our players for supporting us over the years. In case the names didn’t already give it away, these mini-games showcase thatgamecompany’s lighter side with screwball competitive multiplayer action. We hope you sincerely enjoy their silliness as much as we have.” said Jenova Chen, commenting on the included mini-game titles.
Accompanying the announcement is a work in production box art (as above), and an official trailer for Journery Collector’s Edition. Look out for it in North America from August 28th, 2012. Release details for the rest of the world aren’t clear at this stage but given the success worldwide and Sony’s involvement, expect to hear more about Journey as the release date approaches.