Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta Begins April 25th
News of the Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Online Beta has been revealed by EB Games.
Anyone that pre-orders Gears of War 3 from EB Games will gain exclusive access to 3 fun filled weeks of intense multiplayer action beginning on April 25th, 2011 on XBOX Live.
There will be three different versions of the game available. A Standard Edition, a Special Edition and the daddy of them all, the Epic Edition.
Those that purchased Bulletstorm Epic Edition will receive access to the Gears of War 3 Beta one week ahead of everyone running from the period April 18th, 2011 until April 24th, 2011.
For your loyalty to the Epic Games brand, during your sneak peek first week there will be access to the new Team Deathmatch mode playing on four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches and Old Town).
For everyone else that pre-orders, the Gears of War 3 Beta will begin April 25th running until May 15th which will include special events and unlockable items that will carry over from the Beta into the final cut of Gears of War 3 when it launches on September 20th, 2011.
The list below highlights all the extra goodies on offer:
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the Gears 3 multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate Gears of War fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
For additional details on Gears of War 3 and the public multiplayer beta, please visit gearsofwar.xbox.com. Up to date news and information about Gears of War is also available on www.facebook.com/XboxANZ and www.twitter.com/XboxAustralia.
The Multiplayer Beta of Gears of War 3 is only available outside the US (sorry USA). Lots of features and extras to look forward to.
Don’t forget that you will need your copy of Bulletstorm to access the Gears of War 3 Beta so don’t go selling it off just yet. If you don’t have a copy of Bulletstorm Epic Edition, I suggest you hunt one down ASAP!