Turn 10 and Microsoft will be revving up the Forza Motorsport 4 release on October 14th 2011 with the Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector’s Edition. Pushing the limits in graphics, community features and overall driving experience with Kinect integration, Forza Motorsport 4 will be packed with some of the most well known car manufacturers and models in the world.
To get adrenaline flowing, fans that pick up the Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector’s Edition exclusively available at Gamestation and GAME (priced at £59.99 ERP) will also drive away with 25 additional cars via exclusive car packs and bonus offers. On top of the slew of extra vehicles, purchasers will be the first to take the 2012 BMW M5 for a spin. The M5 is BMW’s most powerful production sedan ever made and is available via the “BMW M5 Fan Pack”.
“BMW M5 Fan Pack” gives access to Autovista mode where Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson will take fans on a virtual tour of the world most desired cars. It also adds the M5 to the player garage and provides an all-new BMW theme for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
“At BMW we are thrilled to offer fans the first chance, whether it’s in game or on the road, to experience the brand new BMW M5 in ‘Forza Motorsport 4,’” said Mr. Ralf Hussmann, general manager BMW Sportmarketing & Cooperation. “‘Forza Motorsport’ players are some of the most loyal and passionate automotive fans in the world, so the choice to partner with Turn 10 Studios to feature our car in the game and on the cover of the Limited Collector’s Edition was an obvious win for BMW. We invite fans everywhere to celebrate the new M5 debut in ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ on 14 October”.
Adding a unique personal touch to the Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector’s Edition is the announcement of the “Forza Motorsport 4” BMW Design Challenge.
Fans can take part in the design challenge and paint their very own virtual 2010 BMW M6 Coupe, but that isn’t the best bit. Turn 10 Studios and BMW M stable will pick the best from the crop and feature the design in Forza Motorsport 4, complementing another four BMW M stable designs. Cars that will receive a custom paint job include:
- 2008 BMW M3 E92
- 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
- 1981 BMW M1
- 2012 BMW M5
If you want to have a crack at the design challenge, head over to http://www.ForzaMotorsport.net for more details and info.
- The VIP Car Pack
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
- 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
- 2010 Noble M600
- 2011 RUF Rt 12 R
- The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” car pack available for fans who order early
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
- 1997 Lexus SC300
- 2011 RUF RGT-8
- 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
- A 10-car add-on pack of American muscle cars (also available for purchase at launch on Xbox LIVE Marketplace)
- Custom-designed BMW cars from the “Forza Motorsport 4” BMW Design Challenge
- VIP Membership status within the Forza community, including special recognition in new community features, leaderboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more
- A book titled “Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear,” written by the “Top Gear” team, is a stunning 96-page book that describes in-game cars from the Autovista™ experience and features imagery from game and the Top Gear photo library
- A vinyl sticker set featuring the logos of “Forza Motorsport 4,” “Top Gear” and Turn 10
If a standard edition is all you want, you’ll still score yourself a nice little extra. Pre-order a standard edition at selected retailers to gain access to an in-game car pack as listed below:
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI, available exclusively when pre-ordering at GAME
- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman, available exclusively when pre-ordering at Gamestation
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde, available exclusively when pre-ordering at Amazon.co.uk
- Honda CR-Z EX, available exclusively when pre-ordering at HMV
- BMW 1 Series M Coupe, available exclusively when pre-ordering at The Hut, Zavvi.com, Shopto.net and Play.com
That pretty much covers what Europe will be getting, but what about Australia? At the moment there is no word on what each Aussie retailer will be getting and who will have access to the Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Collector’s Edition but Esperino has got your back and will update should any change in the coming months.