Square Enix have announced their first expansion to their popular MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. The expansion Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward will be available in a collector’s edition, available for pre-order in North America from today.
The Collector’s Edition package features:
- “Dragonsong War” Exclusive Box featuring art by famed Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano
- Expertly-Crafted Dragon Mount Figure
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Art Book
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Movie Blu-ray Disc
- In-game items including a Flying Griffin Mount – Dark Knight Cecil-themed Baron Helm – Wind-Up Kain minion – Fantasia
Additionally, players who pre-order Heavensward will receive exclusive bonuses including:
- In-game items: Baron Circlet – Baron Earrings – Chocobo Chick Courier minion
- Early access to the Heavensward starting June 19, 2015.
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward will be available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and also available on Mac OS systems, exclusively as a digital all-in-one bundle.
Pre-orders of the digital version will also grant players with access to the pre-order bonuses. An upgrade option will also be available, if you wish to upgrade to a digital copy of the Collector’s Edition with all the in-game bonus items, minus the physical extras.
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Collector’s Edition is available for pre-order on disc for US$129.99 and digitally for US$59.99. The standard edition is available for US$39.99 and the all-in-one bundle is available for US$59.99.
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward is scheduled to launch on June 23rd, 2015. To place a pre-order in North America, head to the Square Enix online store.
Details on availability in Australia/New Zealand is not available but I’ll update as soon as I learn more.
EB Games Australia listed it for sale on March 30th, 2015 around 12pm Brisbane time. It’s sold out unfortunately, but it may come back into stock in the near future due to a few cancellations.