New Super Mario Bros. U is the latest incarnation of the Mario franchise and represents one of the flagship titles when Wii U hits stores. Naturally with a title as big as the red overalls plumber to fill, a collection of screenshots, game details and trailers are now available to view thanks to Nintendo.
New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad … and your Mii character. Now’s your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play.
New Super Mario Bros. U Features
- Swoop through levels and cling to walls when Mario transforms into Flying Squirrel Mario, or gently float through the air while hanging onto Tiny Balloon Yoshi.
- The Wii U GamePad controller offers a new way to play multiplayer in this game. An extra player can jump into the action using the new Boost mode, creating platforms out of thin air to help others navigate tricky stages or access hidden or hard-to-reach items.
- Boost mode also makes cooperative speed runs possible for the first time. Use the GamePad to interact with and manipulate enemies and objects in real time, allowing for new ways to find the fastest routes through each level.
- Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch game play from the TV to the GamePad at any time to continue playing even when others are using the TV.
- Experience Mario together like never before with Miiverse. See other players’ comments and accomplishments while you play and leave your own feedback for others to see when connected to the Nintendo Network.
In addition to the standard E3 trailer, there’s also two special features to view below:
E3 2012: New Super Mario Bros. U Trailer
E3 2012: New Super Mario Bros. U Game Guide with Jessie
E3 2012: New Super Mario Bros. U Iwata Asks
New Super Mario Bros. U will be available on the Wii U around the launch window of the Nintendo hardware. Solid title if it does indeed make it into the launch line-up.