To celebrate the launch of LEGO The Hobbit, Ryan “The BrickMan” McNaught has created a one-of-a-kind custom PlayStation 4 build with 2,500 LEGO bricks.
It isn’t a custom console in a true sense, but more of a complete housing for a PlayStation 4. The display features characters from The Hobbit with Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf the Grey and the Dwarves of Erebor sitting atop this rather impressive design.
Ryan McNaught, the only LEGO certified professional builder in the Southern Hemisphere was commissioned to create this extraordinary piece. Details worth taking note of include:
- A “Hobbit Hole” façade – Bilbo Baggins’ home – that lifts up to uncover the disc drive, power and eject buttons of the PS4
- Legolas Greenleaf and Tauriel come to the rescue to battle a swarm of giant spiders in the treacherous forest of Mirkwood
- The Dwarves of Erebor taking a break from their quest to enjoy a delicious lunch
- The Gundabad Orcs lying in wait to ambush the great warrior Beorn at the entrance of the fortress ruins of Dol Guldur
- The intricate construction, which took more than 12hours to build, includes over 2,500 LEGO bricks held together with top-secret LEGO-issue glue.
Ryan McNaught, commented: “Middle-earth is such a deeply rich world. Not only was this a really fun project to be involved in, this might just be the most elaborate, customised next- gen console ever made.”
More images of Ryan’s amazing work can be viewed in the gallery below:
Please specify a Flickr ID for this gallery
LEGO The Hobbit is available in Australi and can be played on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, PC, and of course PlayStation 4.