Namco Bandai Games have added an extra bonus for customers who pre-order either Dark Souls II Black Armour Edition or the Collector’s Edition.
In addition to all the extras included in these special edition release, pre-order customers in Australia and New Zealand will also receive early access to the Black Armour Weapons Pack. The voucher unlocks the inventory weapons for early use to help overcome the difficulty the series is so famously known for.
The Black Armour Weapons Pack comprises of 5 weapons which include:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma – A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
- Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Yellow Quartz Shield – A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
- Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield – A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
- Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield – A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier than normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield – A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
The Black Armour Weapons Pack are only available to pre-order customers and are limited, so make sure you secure your order for the Black Armour Edition or the Collector’s Edition as early as possible.
Dark Souls II is scheduled for release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on March 13th, 2014.